Underexposed Superimposed unexposed colour negative . enlarged transparant filmrepro
Parallax dia positive . diamond glass print
Not quite there, yet completely. Solar camera phone . tele-binocular optics . UV filtered sunglass . original format duratrans . carbon cast frame
Not quite there, yet completely. Lunar camera phone . tele-binocular optics . polarized filter . original format duraclear C-print
Corners. camera phone . 1 week 1 hour interval . scaled fine art hahnemule on hardwood
I’m pleased to announce that the printed processes have started on produced work. I’m finishing what I’ve left undone. To follow these processes keep an eye out for my blog by clicking the symbols I’ve inserted on this website.
I am currently working on a new body of work “Dot”. A photo-geological survey (of sorts) of the earth’s surface and outer atmosphere. For now my research includes: A series of adaptive orbital photographs and personal experiments of/with rudimentary surfaces, such as rock-faces and photosensitive surfaces. I’m looking to stay in Nepal over a period of a month for research and production. For this reason I am looking to find interesting collaborations with partners and insitutes operating withinnthe arts and science community. The rest is history, here I go!
Leave a note.
The work of Timothy Zwitser explores and utilizes natural phenomena in order to capture an authentic (sensory) experience. It is reminiscent of a more primordial time; one of connection with our natural environment through prolongued observation and attention. While the visual appearance of his works often reminds us of modernist and abstract painting, it is his emotional awareness in combination with a use of new technologies that propel the work into the contemporary, making visible a place that is too often overlooked in the murmur of everyday life.
• Walking in the Woods • the Royal Academy of Arts • the Hague • 06/07/2013
• a photo thesis of the present • Art Rotterdam/van Krimpen Gallery • Rotterdam • 03/2013
• a photo thesis of the present • van Krimpen Gallery • Amsterdam • 12/01/2013
• Not quite there, yet completely • Het Nutshuis • the Hague • 11/12/2012
• Parallax/Triple Dot • CAFA Gallery/Photospring Festival • Beijing • 04/2012
• Parallax/Triple Dot • Struggle • Creatief Warenhuis HOOP • the Hague • 12/2011
• Twilight/White • Storing • Creatief Warenhuis HOOP • the Hague • 12/2010
• Walking in the Woods, a Conversation on the work of Timothy Zwitser • Menno Vuister, Niall Martin • Amsterdam • 02/2013
• Twilight/White • NEW Dutch photography talent issue • GUP Magazine • 01/2012
• Walking in the Woods • Artist Book • Teun van der Heijden/Heijdens Karwei • Self Published (12) • the Hague • 06/08/2013
• Triple Dot Investigations • Handmade dummy • Self Published (6) • 02/2012
• HOOP Residentie • Curator/programming • HOOP Den Haag • Project Space • the Hague • 21/03/2014
• CONTINUUM MoonMars • Conceptual Development & Art Direction • TodaysArt/ESA • Scheveningen • 04/05/2015
• TAB Space • Art Research Organisation • Art Direction • the Hague • 2013/2014
• Articles/Art Reviews • GUP Magazine Web-blog • Yvi Magazine • 2012 & 2014
• BA of Art/Design • the Royal Academy of Art • the Hague • 2008/2013
• NPP • Journalism • HBO Fontys Hogeschool • Tilburg • 2006
• Henk Wildschut • Documentary Photographer • Amsterdam | 01.2011/07.2011